Title: Of Ships and Their Captains
Author: Eris/Darklady Erisa
Email:
temperantia178@yahoo.com.au
Rating: PG-13
Pairing:
Pearl/Dawnie (Dauntless), Jack/James
Summary: Not all ships have souls, but some do. And they're a force to be reckoned with. Especially if Pearl, Dawnie and Captain Jack start plotting.
Author's Note: Was attacked by plot bunny. If the Pearl can be alive (which she is, because Jack loves her so) then why not other ships too?
Disclaimer:
They belong to each other. And Mouse I guess, whoever/whatever that is.


Of Ships and Their Captains
by Eris/Darklady Erisa

* * *

Not all ships had souls, and of those, even Jack had only met the one. The Black Pearl, still being repaired after the ravages Barbossa had wrought upon her.

Which was why he was so surprised, in his dream, to find another with her.

Pearl's bruises had faded dramatically over the last few days, her black hair falling in waves to her waist, instead of matted and torn. It made Jack's heart sing just to see the chains gone and with them the haunted look in her eyes. Much better.

The fair skinned girl curled in her arms was... unexpected. And beautiful. Had she been human, Jack would have guessed her to be about Elizabeth's age.

"Jack," Pearl murmured, "This is Dawnie, she's new." She spoke softly, so as not to wake the golden-haired girl. Her captain sank down next to her, cross legged in the sand, a mix of overly curious dark eyes and incessant motion, but still content to wait. Sparrow could be quiet when he wished, though that was seldom.

* * *

 

It might have been half an hour before the white gold ship awoke, her eyes finding and meeting Jack's surprisingly quickly. For some reason Jack had been expecting blue. They were green, bright fierce emerald and passionate. Her eyes reminded him of someone, but he couldn't think who. His ship was smiling.

* * *

"Jack, this is HMS Dauntless; Dawnie, Captain Jack Swallow."

* * *

The Dauntless curtseyed to him, as sweet mischievous smile playing about her lips. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Captain Sparrow."

"The pleasure's all mine, Lady." His reply was stunned. Besotted. Almost as badly as he was with Pearl. He grinned. "Please. Call me Jack."

"Dawn, then." She smiled. "Dawnie"

"So, Captain," Pearl smirked at him. "See something you like?"

"Somehow, I don't think our dear Commodore would take too kindly to my commandeering his ship. And," dark eyes met Dawn's almost too perceptively. "You wouldn't wish to leave him, would you?"

Dawn shivered. "I... no. I wouldn't leave my Jamie." She looked at Pearl, obviously recalling what had happened to the black ship. "Not willingly"

"Besides," Jack added dispelling the grim mood and throwing a blinding smile at his own ship. "I could hardly leave this lady, now we're back together again, could I now?"

"Never."

* * *

They ended up with Jack sprawled out casually on the dry sand, Dawnie still leaning against Pearl as he spun tales to them, the sea singing softly in the background.

* * *

 

Eris, Goddess of Discord, First Lady of the Order of Chaos